Agapé Senior Volunteer Opportunities
There comes a time in our lives when we want to do something special; to make a difference in the quality of life for others and for ourselves.
Opportunities for volunteering at Agapé are endless. You will be working with our life enrichment specialists to make a difference in the everyday lives of Agapé Senior residents, Agapé Hospice patients, and their families.
Our "Life Enrichment Program" improves the lives of all our patients and residents by stimulating them everyday with activities, socialization, exercise and interaction.
Through Agapé Hospice, we provide compassionate, individualized end of life care for our patients and their loved ones.
Who Can Volunteer?
Agapé Senior maintains a qualified volunteer staff to enhance our company's ongoing pursuit of excellence. Life Enrichment volunteers offer an extra dimension of care and service to patients and their families.
Our "Life Enrichment Volunteer Program" is open to anyone. We welcome caring people who have some time to share with others, a desire to give of themselves, a sense of responsibility and a willingness to be flexible and learn new skills.
Junior volunteers are eligible to participate in the volunteer program.
Junior Volunteers have an opportunity to learn about healthcare related careers and earn community service credit, while providing the same caring services. Please visit your school guidance counselor or academic adviser for credit information.
You Can Help
Your Life Enrichment volunteer services can be an exceptional gift to our residents, patients and their families. Our volunteers can offer a variety of services such as:
- Patient Comfort/Companionship
- Holding hands (touch therapy)
- Reading to the patient
- Listening to the family with compassion
- Playing music (guitar, piano, singing, etc.)
- Massage/Reike Therapist
- Counselor/Social Worker
- Licensed Pet Therapist
- Sharing flowers from a florist or your garden
- Making prayer shawls, afghans or gift baskets
- Decorating a room, working with themes
- Celebrating a holiday or another special moment
- Cutting the grass, housecleaning, cooking/baking
- Scrapbooking or journaling memories
- Transportation to and from doctor’s appointments, etc
- Assisting with paperwork, filing, copying
- Assisting with plans to celebrate and honor the life of a loved one
- Providing food for bereaved families
- Smiles and laughter
Individuals who are interested in sharing their gifts, time, and passion with the residents of Agapé Senior are encouraged to contact Gena Turner, our Director of Life enrichment:
1053 Center Street
West Columbia, South Carolina 29169
Or Download the Brochure and Application Here